Music video: Mariah Carey - Bye bye

If you've seen "live" performances of this song, you've seen the video. Mariah lip syncing for 4 minutes and 27 seconds.



I'm not really a fan of montage videos, but I actually liked this one. I think the clips of her singing the song on stage ruined it though because they looked TOO staged and the mosaicing of fans faces at her in-store signing looked ghetto. I thought I was watching an episode of Cops. The London boy in me was glad to see Oxford circus make an appearance though. I moan about London, but I love it really. And I also liked the shots of Luther Vandross, O.D.B and Mariah's father at the end. They were a nice touch.

One wonders about the deal with her and Nick Cannon though. If Mariah's trying to keep that shit a secret, she's doing as bad a job of it as she did "Touch my body" on Good morning America. N***a was all up in that video and all over Mariah. I hope for Mariah's sake that relationship lasts, but with her track record we'll get a new album from her in 2 years time with a sequel to the E=MC² song "Side effects" about how some n***a she thought she could trust did her wrong.

Comments

  1. Although I don't think the song is that great (it's better now that I've listened to it more), the video is actually pretty decent. But the end with her singing on stage with that gaudy microphone was cheesy! But Mariah does look so fit and good!

    And I thought that looked like Nick Cannon! *shakes head* This woman is crazy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

HTML tags for bold, italic and hyperlinks are allowed