Music video: Hikaru Utada - Prisoner of love

Music video: Hikaru Utada / 宇多田 ヒカル - Prisoner of love | Random J Pop

Hikaru Utada has just dropped her new single "Prisoner of love", which means we of course get the obligatory music video to accompany it.


Hikaru Utada's videos are always odd to say the least. This shit looked as cheap as a shower cap, but it has a uniqueness and simplicity to it that Hikaru manages to pull off. Plus, it ties in well with Hikaru's Heart station album itself: no frills, stripped down and emotive - nothing majorly elaborate or over produced. I'm a Hikaru stan, so even if the video was shit I wouldn't admit it.

Hikaru has the hair cut of a boy, has no make up on and could easily be mistaken for a lesbian who digs the tomboy look - but she still looks sexy. She was working the hell out of those pedal pusher jeans and stilleto heels. I love this woman. I'd push it up on her to instrumentals of her own music.

Related posts: Album review: Hikaru Utada - Heart station

Comments

  1. I love this song so much! It has such an emotionally heavy sound to it, and the "Stay with me" part is so nice at the end.

    The video is odd though, and I can't believe she's rockin' the heels in them jeans. lol!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

HTML tags for bold, italic and hyperlinks are allowed