Crystal's 'Color change!' album cover and tracklist

Crystal Kay shows off her new album! [image courtesy of 'Crystal Kay BLOG']Crystal Kay is set to release her eigth studio album Color change! on August 6, and I'm stoked, because for the past 3 years Crystal's albums have been the soundtrack to my Summer. The full tracklist is below...

1. Namida no saki ni
2. One
3. Good times
4. Help me out
5. Itoshiihito
6. Kaerimichi
7. Toki no Kakera
8. Time goes by
9. I can't wait
10. Shining
11. It's a crime
12. History

Producers on the album include Bloodshy & Avant (Britney Spears' "Toxic" and "Radar") and Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis (the dudes responsible for near enough all of Janet Jackson's songs). Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis coming back into the fold is nice, as their contribution to Crystal's Call me miss... album in the form of "Kirakuni" was a hot song. Plus, they're no strangers to the J-Pop scene having worked with Hikaru Utada way back when and also having performed with her on stage.

Crystal will also be embarking on a Color change! tour of Japan to promote the album. Her singles haven't really burned up any charts and promotion for her album has been pretty weak. I would've though her label would've pushed for more promo - but once again it's a case of a quiet release. Hopefully my girl will go number on the Oricon charts with this album and rack up those sales with the aid of her tour. It dies my head in that bitches like Kumi Koda who release garbage albums every year get big sales, whilst artists who deliver solid albums such as Crystal Kay have their albums come and go.

I'll have a review of this album up as soon as I get a hold of it!

Related post: All yours review

Comments

  1. Awesome! I'll be looking forward to your review! :D If the rest of teh CD is as good as Namida no saki ni and One, then I'm sold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. J... you did it again. You turned me on to Crystal Kay. She has some solid songs in her repetoire, and I've only scratched the surface (I checked out All Yours after this post). Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg, can't wait for your post, album is bananas, i'm loving it. It's a crime? dear, god. good times? heaven, help me. crystal has done it again. it's too bad 9 people will buy her album.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

HTML tags for bold, italic and hyperlinks are allowed